Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Also, happy anniversary to Ryan and Whitney!  
It is hard to believe that it has been almost a week since mastectomy!  The drain bags are the worst part and I am really quite bored with them :(   Yesterday afternoon I felt wet on my left side and when I lifted up my top there was blood on my bandage.  Dr. Winslow called me immediately after his answering service notified him and reassured me that it is common for this around the tube site.  Ugh...Summer and Dana were just on their way home from the lake, so both Summer and Whitney worked on my dressing.  How proud am I as a mother that both of my girls attended to my needs and never seemed squeamish at all.  Dana took care of the babies and did his part as well.  I took my top off in front of him since I don't have to worry about exposing my bosom (wicked smirk).
I had not been lifting anything heavier than I am supposed to but I remember stretching and reaching for something and feeling a pull on that side...owch!   I can handle not moving furniture around or dragging heavy things from one place to another but it is very hard for me not being able to hold my grand babies when they reach out to me.  That happened twice yesterday.. Once with Julianna and then again when Autumn was here.  So hard.  
Both of my arm pits feel weak and useless.  I think that it would be very easy to become depressed especially when activity is so limited.  I must remember the ultimate goal of this whole journey and that is to live and not die.  I think I can sacrifice a little activity now so that I can run and play with my babies in the very near future. 
Have a great day all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Mom, I am SO proud of you! You are doing so well through everything, and this is true, "Live, Not Die." That is what you are doing right now. Christmas will be GREAT, just keep looking forward to that! Cancer free, no bandages or anything. AND! a new baby to cart around :) I love you so much mom.

Whit

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Remember the pain and soreness and the immmobile
is just for a time and when it is over you will
be better than before. Better because of the wisdom you have gained through your journey and your close walk with the Lord.
tw

Janet Chiwele said...

It will be better Julie, you are doing so good already and that is encouraging. You have such a strong spirit and such a good attitude, I am so encouraged.With God all things are possible. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very heart warming that the girls have become the caretakers now that you need their help. Very proud of the girls...Whit & Summer

Anonymous said...

Good, loving care all around you. Beautiful picture. Thinking of you. love, Patti

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have such loving and caring daughters and they are lucky to have a mother who passed on what she learned from her parents. Be careful and take baby steps until you are healed. I am still praying for you.