Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Friday, July 22, 2011

I went to my breast cancer support group yesterday because I felt that I really needed to be with some ladies that are going through this same journey that I am on.  There was a new lady there and I knew her from several years ago.  A real blast from the past!  The look of fear/confusion/disbelief on her face was all too fresh in my mind.  She did not recognize me at first.  She said she recognized my smile...really? ....do I look that different?....oh yes, I do.  When she knew me I was 20 lbs. thinner and had tons of long dark hair and no glasses (and I had boobs :)  
The meeting was awesome because there were several ladies that were many years cancer free.  They were volumes of information.  The new lady kept asking me questions because she has not had her mastectomy yet and no chemo either.  I mean she literally JUST found out her diagnosis.  She kept asking me questions that I had asked and I felt strange hearing myself share my experience because I am so new myself.   When I was driving home I realized that my journey has only just begun but already the Lord is showing me that none of this will be in vain.  I must share my experience strength and hope in this as well.  
My hair is growing back and it is white peach fuzz.  I am thinking that I will probably lose that with the 12 weeks of chemo that are coming up. 
I am feeling ever so blessed to have the husband that I have, especially after hearing that one of the ladies in our group is going to be left alone as her partner does not think that he can handle living with a woman with one breast!  I was dumbfounded  when I heard this!
The raw emotions and honesty in this group is beyond words and I can only say that I am humbled to be a member of this amazing group of women. 
Dana and Summer and babies will be here tonight.  It is Logan's birthday Monday and we are celebrating it tomorrow.  Two years old already!  I will be here when he is celebrating his 30th and beyond!  Holy Cow, I will be an old fart!
HA! 
 

4 comments:

raquel said...

You are truly blessed to married to Mark, loyal and loving...I felt a lump in my throat when I read about the ladys husband leaving. What a selfish jerk.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mama!!! I don't know how to post the music for you but here are the lyrics;) I love you and I will see you in a few short hours.

I say, hey, I be gone today
But I be back around the way
Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see, the less I know
But I know one thing that I love you, baby girl
I love you, I love you, I love you

I've been a lot of places all around the way
I've seen a lot of joy, and I've seen a lot of pain
But I don't want to write a love song for the world
I just want to write a song about a boy and a girl

Junkies on the corner, always calling my name
And the kids on the corner playing ghetto games
When I saw you getting down, girl, I hoped it was you
And when I looked into your eyes, I knew it was true

I say, hey, I be gone today
But I be back around the way
Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see, the less I know
But I know one thing that I love you, baby girl
I love you, I love you, I love you

Now I'm not a highly metaphysical man
But I know when the stars are aligned you can
Bump into a person in the middle of the road
Look into their eyes, and you suddenly know

Rocking in the dance hall, moving with you
Dancing in the night in the middle of June
My momma told me don't lose you
'Cause the best luck I had was you

I say, hey, I be gone today
But I be back around the way
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/michael-franti-lyrics/say-hey-lyrics.html]
It seems like everywhere I go
The more I see, the less I know
But I know one thing that I love you, baby girl
I love you, I love you, I love you

And I say, rocking in the dance, hall moving with you
I say, hey momma, hey momma, close to you
Rocking in the dance hall, moving with you
I say, hey, trippa, trippa, got to shoot

Rocking in the dance hall, moving with you
I say, hey momma, close to you
Rocking in the dance hall, moving with you
I say, hey momma, hey momma, hey momma, hey momma
Hey momma, hey momma, hey momma, hey momma

My momma told me don't lose you
'Cause the best luck I had was you
And I know one thing that I love you

I say, hey, I be gone today
But I'll be back around the way
It seems like everywhere I go
The more I see, the less I know

I say, hey, I be gone today
But I'll be back around the way
It seems like everywhere I go
The more I see, the less I know
But I know one thing that I love you, baby girl
I love you, I love you, I love you

I love you, I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you, I love you
I love you, I love you, I love you

Rocking in the dance hall, moving with you
I say, hey papa, hey papa, hey momma, hey momma
Rocking in the dance hall, moving with you
Come on, hey papa, hey papa, come to shoot
(Hey mama, hey

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time for the woman to cross paths with you! You were her angel for the moment, and probably will be her friend from here on out. What a blessing you are to the people who have the oppertunity to know you. Have a blast with your grandbabies!

Anonymous said...

Prima the lady whose husband is leaving her is better off without him. You are so blessed that your husband loves you so much. He sounds like a wonderful man.
Keep that positive attitude and your faith in God. **Fina