Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Home again, home again Jiggity Jig!

I am home!!! There is no place like home...Can you believe it?  I am moving quite slowly but I am not as sore as I thought I would be.  I can, however tell when it is time for me to take my pain pills!  Owch!   I do have a question for anyone that might know the answer...will I have phantom pain where my boobs were?  Sort of like when someone loses a limb and they still feel an itch or pain in it.  
The worst  part  of this is the dang drain bags...ugh and owie.
I got home about 3 this afternoon.  I had just gotten a very 'chatty Cathy ' roommate so  when they asked if I was ready to come home, I said 'yes' a little too eagerly I'm afraid.  
Neither Mark or I got much sleep last night so am eager to get a few more winks in tonight. 
Thank you all for your prayers and more prayers.  
This will not be a long note as I am quite tired.  My phone battery died from all of the texting yesterday and I forgot to take my plug in for it.
More later...Love all of you. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halleluah. Thank you Jesus. So glad all went well and take your pain pills so the pain is manageable. Will cont. prayers for litte to no pain.
love ya,
Tew

Anonymous said...

Wow, was I ever surprised to see you making the blog message...you are a wonder woman for sure!!! So glad you are home, love your ever going sense of humor. Love you tons,
Patti and Tom

Anonymous said...

those phantom "pains", according to Vern, does happen to people that lose their limbs fast, but since his was done slowly, with each surgery, he never felt those symptoms. But since his was a loss of his leg and not his boobs, really don't know. Glad your're home with loved ones all around. Take it easy and listen to people to take it easy. Love you and Mark

Larkin Kavanaugh said...

so glad you are home! still thinking of you and yours and praying for fast recovery. sending resting healing thoughts your way.