Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 29 details

OK, so Dr. W ( this is the doc. that prayed with us before he put my port in)  said that he wants me at the hospital at 6 o'clock on the morning of June 29.  I will be his first patient for the day.  I hope that is a good thing ;)
He examined my tumor and he was very excited that it had shrunk so much and that it's definitely not attached to my rib cage or muscle.  Also, he said that my cat scan did not show any other tumors anywhere else....good news and a great big thank you Jesus on that one!  Come on all of you shout AMEN and thank you Jesus! 
He told us that he will do a radical mastectomy on my left breast and a just 'plain mastectomy' on the right one.  He used more professional words but I cannot recall what they were.  Basically he said, that he will take out all of the lymph nodes on the left side (under the arm) as well because he does not want to take any chances with where the cancer was going when he first saw me...I will need physical therapy for my left arm and that we want to treat this aggressively.
He felt that Dr. M was going to wait a month before starting the weekly chemo sessions after the surgery.  The surgery will take about 2 hours and  I will spend the night in the hospital and maybe 2 depending on how I feel. ( I will need you, flashlights, praying for God's healing touch ).  He gave us worse case scenario, which I think he has to do but I am not going to repeat it because it will not happen!  
Mark teared up when Dr. W told him what I would go through and Dr. W patted his knee and told him that it was going to be alright and that I would be ok.  I teared up at the sight of my husband so worried about me.  He told me that he wishes that he could go through this for me.  I have a very sweet and compassionate husband.  I told him that I wish he could go through this for me too...HA! 
Now, more blood work and paper work and blah, blah, blah has started...so here we go again! 
So there you have it...a little update on my up coming bi-lateral mastectomy. 
Blessings to all of you today and I will 'chat' with you at a later date.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could just take all this crap away from you. Yes....... I said more then crap but will keep it clean! We all are saying extra prayers. You are on my mind everyday and want you to know I'd do anything for you. Hugs and smiles. Melanie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are blogging again and that we got to see you. Even though you have shown us that Dom doesn't like yellow hats with purple dragonflies:) You and Dad are the strongest people in the world. I know this because I don't know any other couple that could take all that you do with such stride and heads held high holding each others hands while you walk into battle. (sniffle) I love you. Batteries charged and hi beams are on Lala and Papa.

Anonymous said...

VERY well put, Summer! Ry and I second that! We love you very much! .<3

Anonymous said...

Prima**I am praying for you. You are very brave and have a lot of faith in GOD. That positive attitude helps your body fight whatever it has to. Remember you have a lot of family that cares about you.

Anonymous said...

Summer, your comments always seem to speak exactly what I'm feeling and I "third" that!! The picture you posted of "true love" is the exact thing that keeps you and Mark so strong TOGETHER!
l Cor. 13:13
We love you both so much and my batteries are charged as well. You are and will be in my prayers!
Carla

WildWo said...

The big day is just 5 days hence. Julie, I know you will do fine! No one loves the thought of going "under the knife", but I am personally thankful that I can honestly say that I have confidence in your surgeon's skill. I remember thinking when I was a little girl, looking at women and anticipating my adult body, that those things on my chest were going to be so in the way, as I rubbed my hands across my nice flat chest! Ha-ha! They are in the way sometimes, but we love them anyway, and they are our friends. As I've interviewed many women just prior to their mastectomies, I've wondered how I would be in their places. And now someone so close to me is in that spot, and I feel peace for you, Julie, and strength and hope and health. Thank you, Jesus!

Dawn said...

Will be sending our prayers to you from San Jose! Keyara competes Wednesday morning beginning at 8:30 a.m. As I pray for her before she enters the "battle" zone enroute to her stand in the winner's circle, I will also be praying for you as you make your journey through the "battle" zone that morning on into the winner's circle! We love you!!