Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Monday, May 16, 2011

sleepy, not sleepy, sleepy...not

This morning I drove to Stanford (about an hr. away) to have breakfast with Summer, Autumn and Dominic.  It was a beautiful drive and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.  Miss Autumn was quite the chatty Cathy and Dominic was smiley and wonderful as well.  Summer and I managed to carry on quite a nice conversation in between 'oinks' and 'snorts' as we gobbled down our breakfast! HA!  We exchanged treasures for one another and as usual had a few good belly laughs.  What a wonderful feeling it is to drive away knowing that all is well in her world too.  I don't think that there is a better feeling than knowing that your children are happy and that God is indeed in control (and always has been ) of their lives.  
I heard the other day on one of the Christian stations that we can try and control our children's walk but when they get older, everything that happens in their lives is indeed their journey back to the Father. Awesome!
Update on me now...it's all about me you know ;)
The skin on my hands has turned a different color of brown!  Yep, I kid you not!  It is now more of a  dull cocoa bean color and the nails are definitely turning black.  My other little grand daughter, Julianna, thought that my hands were dirty the other day.  :(  The cuticles are so dry that they crack and I am trying hard not to peel the dead skin that is curling away from the tips of my fingers.   Sounds wicked, huh!  I also am noticing that one of my little fingers is starting to turn inward toward my ring finger.  Man!  I sound like a real beauty don't I?  I rather think that I had a little bit of arthritis in that little finger anyway and maybe it is complaining about the chemo just a little. 
No sores in my mouth like they had cautioned me about so am good to go as far as eating :) 
Kaitlyn got me a book called Ya-Yas in Bloom.  I started reading it this evening and I think I will go read some more. Thank you sweet Kaitlyn for thinking of your NaNa.
Good night and sweet dreams.

3 comments:

Summer said...

How great it is to see you and to laugh with you. I took a lot of what you said to heart and feel an incredible calm. Watching you drive away I was sad that I wasn't in the passenger seat directing you towards health wealth and happiness;) I'm just like everyone else, I have THE ANSWERS and all you need to do is give me control. HA! I don't think I had the crazy eye but maybe a little loco sneaked out as I was racing to meet you. I kept thinking of the time you and Dad met me in Shelby. Thank you for the morning. I love you and Papa "Murk" so much! YAYA!

patti said...

How great for you to be with your daughter and babies!
I am so glad that you are feeling better this round, but the changes in your skin color sound wierd for sure...
Hope you enjoy this spring filled week!!

isabell said...

You are so lucky to have your girls close enough to visit. I only see Lisa and the boys once a year, sometimes for 2 weeks, sometimes for 6 weeks. The first time they stayed for 6 weeks, I thought, Oh Lord, help me to make it through this, but it was so much fun!!! Having people who love you with you right now helps so much. And your girls and Mark and little sister are pretty amazing people. Still reading your blog and saying those Hail Marys - Is.