Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Isabella and Guadalupe

Since this new journey has started, I have neglected to mention my most  faithful of faithful companions...Isabella (Bella) and Guadalupe (Lupe). Lupe is our rat terrier/toy fox terrier that looks like a Jack Russel and Bella is our black Pomeranian . Lupe is our mellow one except that she shakes all of the time even when it isn't cold out side and she is sleeping alot now a days. I think we figured out that she is 98 in people years. Bella is our wild gypsy child. She is a young almost 47 in our years.
Lupe was a puppy when we went through all of the this with Mark. She rarely left his side and quickly became sensitive to all that goes on in this house. Now she is losing her hearing and her sight. She still loves to show how much swifter she is at a leg race than Belly (her nickname because she LOVES to eat)!
ANYWAY, Mark took a little break from working on our kitchen and cleaned out under the deck.  He had to move the dogs' house and and their pillows of course...so now their address has been changed to downstairs as well as ours. BUT WAIT TIL YOU SEE WHAT THEIR NEW DIGS WILL LOOK LIKE!  Theirs will have have to wait until the Queen of Very Little (ME) house is done, so in the mean time...I decided that I would go to Petco and buy Bella 'the runner' a harness and leash and tie her up by their area so that she does not run in the yard all night and bark.  When I put them to bed, Bella was smiling at me (yes she smiles) and Lupe was sleeping soundly. I said good night and went inside.  Mark looked out awhile later and there on the grass was the brightest red harness and leash lying Bella-less!!! I sort of wondered how long that would last because she started bucking like a horse when we put it on her. That should have been my first clue :)
But not one peep out of her all night! Smart dog that one :)
The neighbor had put up a new gate and Bella immediately found a soft spot that she could dig through and she did! Which is why I decided to buy this harness and leash until I am sure she can't get out of the yard again.
A great way to forget about our worries and woes is to help others in their need or get a Lupe and /or a Bella. Life goes on with or without us. Yes?
I think of the unconditional love that they have given me as the love that my Father in heaven has given me and how grateful I am.  I feel so good and have not had much fatigue at all with this last treatment. I have to say however, that I have been more like Lupe than Bella as far as resting so maybe this old dawg can still learn some new tricks and do what she is told. :)

1 comment:

isabell said...

As you can see I read your blog daily. It makes me feel closer to you because I can't be there with you. I think God gave us our pets to be our companions who will love us unconditionally and forever. My dogs and kitties have all lived long lives. They knew when I was sad and were my little family when I was alone. Mimi (my little cocker spaniel was 15, Jake the doberman was 12 - a very old age for such a big dog, Baby Cakes, my Siamese was 17, and OG, short for "Original Gangsta," was a barn cat who was 19. I had them all cremated, but haven't been able to spread their ashes, so I have asked that when I die their ashes be given to the wind along with mine at Sand Turn in the Big Horn Mountains. Your strength and compassion inspire me when the dark nights come and the hopelessness sets in. Hang in there. Still loving and praying for you - Is.