Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

# 3 chemo - over

Lab work was interesting and I was hoping it was not going to be a sign of things to come as my feeling of trepidation was trying to  creep in....the nurse that usually draws my blood from my arm decided to access it through my port so that it would be ready for the chemo nurse.  Well, sounded good and they had told me earlier that this would be easier for me so that I would not need to get poked again but...no...too easy.
Poor nurse could not get the needle in my port...poke...no not it...poke...no....poke...where are you...poke...this should be so easy...finally got it...EXCEPT...no blood would come up...WHAT! She very calmy explained why that happens sometimes. She was able to flush it which is good but she was very helpful explaining why sometimes they can't draw blood from the port. Something about some fish hook thingys that get stuck at the end of the line...So back to the arm poke. 
I would not be seeing Dr. M because he had planned on being on vacation and had hired a 'lokum' (traveling doctor' and even if his vacation fell through , he still had to have Dr. B.  However, (knew this was coming too didn't you) Dr. B. was so far behind with patients that he didn't know, plus the fax machines were down so he could not get lab results until that got resolved) I ended up being asked if I minded going to Deb, Oncologist P.A that I had seen a few weeks ago...she is wonderful. She has a very girly office but this time she had to use the boy office BUT on the wall was the "serenity prayer" ! Very fitting as yesterday was my 27 year of sobriety.  Mark and I knew we were in the right room.
All signs look good for me. I am holding my own in the weight dept and they were very impressed on how good I look (Artistry makeup) and that I still have hair and eyebrows and eyelashes.
It really does help to be a little portly before you go into something like this ;)
Summer joined us in the chemo room. She came in with goodies and water and we got to have our regular corner in the cushy chair with a great view of the solarium. She took lots of pictures and I hope they all turn out so I can share them with all of you.
We went to 2J's after they unplugged me and we ran into Greg and Cindy B. So nice to see old friends.
A little shaky this morning so am needing to take it a little slower but life is good here today.
Thank you for all of your prayers and by the way, all of you are my flash lights even if you have not declared yourselves as such, you are all the lights that I need in the dark places of this journey...with Jesus as the main headlight you understand :) John 8:12

7 comments:

WildWo said...

Good Morning, my Julie,
I think you look like a Hutterite lady. They ALL are bald just like you, under their polk-a-dot scarves and little white caps. Smooth pink pates. Only they don't have teeth, either. You have teeth. Aren't you glad you aren't a Hutterite lady? I hope you get to sit out in the sun today. Don't get your head burned, but get your other exposed skin just a little pink. That gets you the most vitamin D without endangering your skin. You neeeeed vitamin D. And you can stock up on it. Love you! Hope it's a good day!!!

patti said...

You do look so good and am glad you are doing well weight wise. Prayers for you and your hubby!

raquel said...

Looking good Julie - Happy birthday

Lala said...

Wild Woman, the other day I was examining my scalp and I said rather absent-mindedly to Mark " Hey, my scalp is smooth and brown...Mark slowly turned to look at me and said with some hesitation " because you are brown?" HAHA! Just came in from outside and I feel great! I am stocked up on vit. D tabs and calcium because am getting charlie horses in the morning. owch... Love to you.

isabell said...

See, I told you that you look good, hair or no hair! I prefer to be a strobe light - remember those horrible things that would show all the lint on your clothes? I am proud of you because you're staying positive. I pray for you everyday and so does Mom. She really appreciates the stuff Rachel sends to her. Sure do love you.

Anonymous said...

TESTING

Anonymous said...

Hey Prima
I finally did it thanks to your wonderful daughter Summers help. I am thinking of you and praying for you. Remember your family is here for you and I wish I was closer so I could help you. Love you and take care ** FINA