Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

New friend - nurse Debby

Just when I thought my days could not get any busier, yesterday happened ;). But it was an awesome busy! Guess what? Nurse Debby is a survivor herself and she was amazing! It was her last day in her position but I got to visit with her for an hour. She gave me her phone # and I will see her at breast cancer support groups. I am ALL about support groups.  The REALLY cool thing...as I was walking out of Sletten to my car, I suddenly became aware of a sort of  'presence' walking with me. I felt like I was really not walking but I knew I was moving toward my car. Smile on my face as I got in my car and I felt a wonderful peace. Oh yeah, it was my Lord, I am sure of it!
So now I know that after chemotherapy and after mastectomy not only will I be bald and flat chested, I will have drain bags under my arm pits.....Summer and I laugh about me being the missing link! I will leave no doubt about it when I  come out of surgery! The bags will be my boob replacements only for a week or so but am a little bit squeamish . . . Wild Woman , I'm gonna need you on this one please.
Everywhere I went yesterday I got a hug! Nice.
Psalms 91 for me today...   

6 comments:

Summer said...

Ha!!Just don't hunch over and make grunting noises while you have the drip things then you may really look like the missing link;) Or the Moto guy if you get the crazy eye too! Glad your day was good and you could feel the Presence of God. Everything is happening for a reason Mama. L.U.B

Marty Eddleman said...

Morning

"My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest." Ex. 33:14

Have a blessed day and bath yourself in God's peace and love.

Hugs

raquel said...

I felt a peace when you said you felt a presence. I guess since I can't be there for your every moment, someone that loves you as much as I do. (Hey! I'm getting soft in my old age!!)

Unknown said...

Psalm 91... AMEN! <3

WildWo said...

It won't be that bad, Julie, you'll see. It only sounds bad, and you won't be the missing link!!!!!! You know, if our places were switched, you wouldn't mind if my chest were flat, or if I were bald. You'd love me just as you did before, and that's how it will be with you. We won't care at all, only you will. Love you!!

Ms Kay said...

He will never leave you nor forsake you. You are an overcomer and you will overcome this. Praying for you today. Blessings to you today.