Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I don't think I can do this ---and I am just starting---weinie

first day of chemo

leaving first round of chemo
Let's just say that yesterday was one of those days that I hope never have to go through again!
Chemo gave me near knock out punch.  My head felt like it was going to explode and if that wasn't enough from no sleep the night before,  I was very nauseous and ended up with dry heaves... I felt like my back ribs were going to crack and I was more than just a little bit afraid that my port would break through the stitches that are holding it into my chest. OH MY!  I remembered them saying that I might feel like I had a case of the flu so I thought this was the flu they talked about.  Mark walked by and he said "we're going in to the dr."  My hero...I had just gotten out of shower so he had to help me get dressed..Poor guy, couldn't figure out how  to get my shoes on and his hands were too  cold to help me with my bra brrrrr.

Apparently I had some kind of reaction to the RED chemo and needed more anti nausea meds in the mixture.  I was also dehydrated. I need to drink 2 qts of fluid.  Soon I was hooked up to adivan, steroid, and some sort saline solution. Almost instantly better except the head ache lasted all evening. Woke up with it but not nearly as severe. 
When I was heaving my innards out, I felt like a big baby, I tried to think of all of the people that have made it through something like this and they never utter a sound! Not this old girl ! Hear me and hear me NOW!
Theresa brought us over a cancer fighting cook book and the recipes taste wonderful.She left it here while she is in Spokane and Whitney has been cooking from it. Yesterday all I could keep down in the morning was a blackberry/raspberry/yogurt shake, Very delicious. Last night for dinner she had made a chicken in some kind of yummy broth.Big chunks of potatoes and chicken for Mark and broth for me...perfect.
This morning I am sucking on watermelon ice cubes. So yummy.
Lots of tears yesterday with my sweet Mark and me.  He has always been my rock and I guess I am his...so yesterday we shared rock tears and we got stronger to face another day together with the Lord by our side.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Goodmorning Mother! I am sorry that you had such a hard day yesterday! I saw Theresa at Albertsons and she said hello and you are in her prayers. Also you made it to the St. Leos prayer list:) I'm thinking maybe Kitty? You don't have to bees quiet throught this Mama. Great drugs and our shoulders will help you. I love you!

Unknown said...

Aw Julie, I'm so sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. PLEASE, don't be quiet through all of this...let Satan know who you serve! Thank you Lord Jesus for my friends family that surround her with their arms and love when I can't.

Janice Wagner said...

Glad Mark was reactive in getting you back to the Dr. And that the new meds and foods are helping. Not that it's much consolation, but I LOVE your hair cut. Very cute!

raquel said...

My heart hurt knowing how much pain you went through yesterday. All I can do is pray, and pray. Maybe a "little" diamond instead of a yogo. Love you much.

isabell said...

My poor, dear Julie. I know you are suffering and wish I could be there with you. I always give you a hug and kiss in my mind and hope you can feel it. Love

patti said...

Reading your words that you share of your inner most thoughts help us to see into your soul. I was so hoping and praying you could avoid having sickness and pain, but trust you have had the worst and that meds, that yummy food, and your awesome family will help you and that our Lord comforts your every moment.