Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Busy, busy day! By the time I got into the shower I had an hour to get ready for my first appt. at the Cancer Institute. I thought I was doing great until I got into the shower and all of a sudden I felt weird. Not scared but sort of light feeling. I started praying which is normal when I shower and then I realized that I had tears rolling down my face...OH NO!  Not now Lord, I really need to keep it together! This is the beginning of the race! Nice long shower and nice long visit with my Lord and Savior. He doesn't mind that I have the ugly cry going on :) while I shampoo my hair that won't be there much longer.
My appointment at radiation oncology was good.  Dr. Stephenson was wonderful.  AND GUESS WHAT? The girl in registration was listening to Network of Praise! When I finished filling out all of the forms she said ' I will say a prayer for you while you are in with Dr. Stephenson' . How Great is our God! I poked my head on way out to tell her that he had said that he felt there were no lymph glands affected and she whispered "we serve an awesome God" and we gave each other a thumbs up. Nice....
Rach, Whit and I went into the breast cancer resource room/library and Katie gave me the tour of hats, scarves and wigs and lots of other stuff for near future.  No wigs for this old girl. I am now in search of hats for people like me with a big dome. Big earrings are on order as well.
Carol gave me my first scarf...sexy...kind of a gypsy flair.
I'm thinking I might like one of those head bands with a monster flower that babies wear. HA! People will think that I have gone koo koo with out the drinking the koo koo juice.
Thank you Father God for humor. I still really don't want to be sick and tired from the chemo so remember that ok?  Bless my friends and family tonight.

No comments: