Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The count down begins! #10 is over and done with :)

The chemo suite was empty when we walked in for our #10.  Or at least I thought it was until I looked around and saw a little Hutterite lady in the corner hooked up to her liquid buddy. She was asleep so I left her alone :) I did however say a little prayer for her as I waited for my 'goods' .   I slept nice and peacefully until I heard a whole bunch of German (?) chatter somewhere in my adavan induced coma. The little lady had a whole bunch of friends that came to visit her while she sat in her recliner.  :) nice.
Nurse Deanna was of course great and so were her nurse buddies. The time went quickly and Mark and I were able to go have a little lunch and go home and sleep til 3:30!  
This week I didn't  need to have any blood drawn because Dr. M said last week that my blood looks good NOT perfect but good.  Was a little concerned about a bladder infection that keeps trying to sneak in. He does not like any kind of infection in my compromised system so he gave me some antibiotics for it.  
I had been taking some natural stuff from the health food store (bladder and urinary system flush) and it has seemed to be working just great.  
Dr. M said that he wants to have my port taken out as soon as possible after my last chemo so that there is no threat of a blood clot forming and my side swelling from it. yikes...does not sound like that would be any fun.  
I get a 2 or 3 week rest after chemo and then we start the radiation.  He said that they don't want me to get radiation while there is still chemo in my body because that can sometimes be a challenge.  I did not ask what the challenges could be because I am dreading radiation almost as much as I dreaded the mastectomies.  My over active brain does not need anymore ideas to form awful scenarios with.  Know what I mean?
Over all Flashlights, I am blessed and very grateful for the huge support that all of you have been to me in one way or another.  
I have made a conscious effort to surround myself with positive people that speak blessings not curses. 
I was digging in some boxes from our move and I found this book that I have not read yet. It is called the Gift. It sounds like this man has Tourette's syndrome.  He calls it his gift from God.  I will read this AFTER I am finished with Jonah's baby blanket.  I am halfway finished with that...90 little squares made....only 90 more to go! 
A little tired now so I think I am going back to bed for a little bit.
I like this from one of my readings this morning...IT SEEMS THAT THE MOST SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN OUR LIVES HAPPEN WHILE WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENING....
No worrying today...deal?  God is totally in control! 
This for sure calls for an AMEN!


 

2 comments:

Summer said...

AMEN!!! third time is a charm, must have been too wordy with the last comments...Love you Mother, love your positive, love that your still bossy, just love you! Hug Dadio and hopefully we can all see you tomorrow!

Summer said...

test test 1234