Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

# 9 and feeling fine ( a little more cheesey )-from Summer Goodan

Another chemo session over with!  
The young man that I spoke of last week was not there but the lady that was new a couple of blogs back was there.  She had a nice freshly shaved head.  She said that her grandson had done it.  She was very smiley and happy to visit with us.  Then she went over to the nurses to get 'hooked' up.
Nurse Deanna visited with us for a little while and then I slept the time away.  It was very nice.  I think that I needed it because my body just said 'good night' and I woke up when it was over.  Mark stood guard over me like he does every Wed. while I get medicated. :) I am so blessed.
I have to stay in our 'digs' and not go upstairs because my little Julianna and now Logan have a cold. 
I have escaped any illnesses since this journey has begun.  God is good!
Wanna hear a funny?
I have started parking way out in the parking lot of what ever store I go to so that I can get in a little more walking ....I was hustling along minding my business with my hood up over my head because it was cold out.   A young native looking young man yelled something at me and then ran over to catch up with me and started 'chatting ' with me. Then he asked me if I was from (naming a couple of reservations) and I politely said 'no, I am from here' ( I never stopped walking as he talked).  Then he lowered his voice as he kept up with me " hey, you want some food stamps?) HA! Hahahaha! A belly laugh and then I stopped dead in my tracks and looked right at him and said 'FOOD STAMPS? No I don't want food stamps!"  He mumbled " Sorry, I thought you were native." He turned on his heels as he walked away and I said a little too loudly I think " yeah, I get that alot"! He said with out looking back, "yeah I bet you do"  He never even came into the store.  I guess I will not wear a hoody to Walmart anymore and definitely not park out in the south 40.


Dr. M thought I was Colombian yesterday. He said that I probably would not lose my hair if I have not lost it by now. Nurse Deanna would not say yes or no. She said that it is beautiful today.  Hmmm, so I guess I will enjoy having my God given head covering one day at a time.
My life is peace filled and I pray that yours is today as well.  
We are all on a faith walk.  It's ok, we can TRUST HIM. 
Amen, do I hear an amen!




 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER!!

Anonymous said...

You sound so good on your post and it is uplifting to read, as always. Thinking of Mark standing over guard offers a great picture in my mind! Have a great day and weekend! Love, Patti

Anonymous said...

HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU! love Melanie

Anonymous said...

Amen! Amen! Glad to hear you are still doing well, and you even survived all the "Family" visits! It was so good seeing you and Mark. (and Summer & Whitney) We will try to make it back soon... Love, Sharon & Mike

Anonymous said...

Amen Mama! Amen AMEN! <3

*Whit

Anonymous said...

Bahaha! Laughing out loud! When you said your doc thought you were Columbian I thought back to that man that thought I was from Honduras...where the heck is that (is what I asked Dana later) and what made him pull that out of the air, like your doc? Funny funny! I think I will start asking the uh, lighter skin folk "so, are you from Quebec?" Always so wonderful to see you and Dad and Dana said you look "amazing" with white hair. Me too!!! Love you Mama!

Anonymous said...

You have such a good attitude. You can still look around and appreciate what you see. I try, but right now I have hay fever. Every we drive by a bean field, I spit at it, though I actually never learned how to spit properly so I make the noise and pretend. Speaking of teeth, Freddie had throat cancer and the chemo and radiation ruined his teeth. He was having the same thing happen to him only it was a little more pronounced. He's in Long Beach CA now getting treatments to remove the chemicals in his system so he can get false teeth. His mood is a little more upbeat and this week I'm not "evil or la diabla" so I'm in his good graces again. You're surrounded by such positive energy, so things will be good. Take care - Love and Praying for you - Your cousin Isabell