Aug.2012

Aug.2012
Mark and I ready for Blades wedding

The first ring

The first ring

Dec. 7 2011

Dec. 7 2011
the bell of Victory!

Reading the plaque

Reading the plaque
Patients ring this bell on their last treatment.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What a month this has been!  Mark and I have been cleaning out Steve's apt. and putting some of his things in storage so his kids can go through them at a later date.  
Steve's funeral service was packed with so many people that he had touched in one way or another.  Mark and I were asked to be 2 of  the pall bearers.  We were honored to help carry his earthly body to its resting place. 


It still seems very unreal to me that we will not see him here again.
  
One morning I woke up with the thought that it is time to move on.   I think it was the morning after we had finished cleaning his place and gone out to dinner in his honor.  We were all pretty grubby but we did not care because we were finally DONE!  We took turns sharing stories of the outrageous stuff that we have experienced at the hands of Steve Seidel ;)  Once in a while I would notice that someone would get a little misty eyed but quickly recovered with another belly laugh.

Anyway, the morning after, I felt that it was time to 'look to this day for it is good '.

Tonight Mark and I are playing grandma and grandpa and it will be fun!  Life does go on and guess what?  So does LoveOur love will go on for Steve even if he is not here with us physically.

Our new digs are coming along nicely and my sister is working on some tile designs for the back splash around my kitchen counter.   Sounds very ethnic!  I have chosen to throw in a little Mexican flair here and there...surprized?   I have absolutely no artistic imagination so I am sort of at her mercy....which I hate.  I am the big sister you know.

In a couple of weeks I go in for some blood work to see if all of the cancer cells were killed with the treatments.  I am confident that they are dead as dead can be but I guess I will have to go in every 6 months for check ups for a while. 

I am not feeling 100% yet but pretty dang close!    There are daily reminders that I have been through quite a battle and that I cannot get complacent about my recovery. 


Guess I gotta get off of this because I just lost a very witty paragraph and I can't remember what it was.  Wonder where it went? I pressed the wrong key maybe.


My grand babies are ALL gorgeous...all five of them!  


Good night all!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Gorgeous, I also think it is time for you to just be. You and family have had enough challenges to last for a long time. Still think of U often. Your are a mentor to me. How is Mark doing? You both are so supportive to one another. God has blessed you with that strength. Keep on KEEKING!!!! LOve and hgs Firefly.

Anonymous said...

It's ok to sit an be still cause you've been through alot, phyically, emotionally your body still needs some healing. Wow, I still can't believe all that you & Mark went through. Love you guys, Rach

Anonymous said...

After not being home very much, I thought I would look on Still Keeking to see if you were still posting (even tho I have access to internet at my mom's I haven't loaded this to the computor there...not very computor smart for sure) anyway, there you were with the wonderful insight of moving on, of love for Steve and grandbabies, and your wonderful way of making life good. Thank you friend for just being you, and trust my prayers continue for our two dear wonderful life long friends! Love, Patti and Tom